Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Allen Announces Candidacy for City Council


Chaundra Allen announced her candidacy for election to the Warren City Council, Ward 1, Position 2.

Allen is a a 1981 graduate of Warren High School and a 1990 nursing graduate of Chattahoochee Technical College in Marietta, GA. She is currently employed with Area Agency on Aging as an Operations Supervisor and is the mother of one child, Anthony Udeli of Fort Smith, who is a 2000 graduate of Warren High School. Currently, she is member of the Church of God in Christ and previously served as the co-chairman of the annual Leroy Neely Day. She is also certified as a notary public.

Ms. Allen says, "My purpose of running for city council is for two primary reasons: to help contribute to the growth and development of the city and to serve the residents of Warren. As a lifelong resident, I have been blessed to have lived in a community where I was raised by my Mother and Father V.O. and Annie Mae Thomas and where I raised a loving son. I have also developed lifelong friendships and everlasting memories. I have grown a love for Warren as deep and rich as the pink tomatoes that are grown annually. Over the years, I have witnessed the town go through various changes that have helped the growth of our city. I feel I can further help the growth and development by attracting more businesses and people to our city, which would help boost the economy. I would also work together with the other council members to help make the best decisions for Warren. We all live our lives for other people. For me, it would be a lifelong dream and a privilege to help serve the citizens of Warren. As Martin Luther King Jr. once said, “Everybody can be great…because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.”

"If elected, I promise to work diligently to help improve the city and better serve its citizens. Your vote will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time."


No comments:

Post a Comment