Monday, February 15, 2016

Warren Fire Department Responds To Grass Fire

Sixteen Warren firemen and two engines were called out on February, 13th in response  to a grass fire at 915 N. Martin Street.  It appears the fire was caused by outdoor burning.  There was no structural damage to any building or home.

During the past week the department answered two additional calls that did not result in fires.  One was for a possible gas leak that turned out not to be a problem and the second was smoke caused by a belt on a laundry machine.  In both cases firemen inspected the facilities to assure all was safe.

Warren Fire personnel are conducting a survey of local businesses, making sure that all fire codes are being adhered to.  They are checking for marked exits and fire extinguishers as well as other code related matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment