Friday, October 28, 2016

Warren Airport Runway Being Repaved

With the assistance of state and federal grant funds the Warren Municipal Airport runway is being repaved.  The total cost for the project is $517,625.00 and the work is being done by M & T. Construction.  The FAA is paying for 90% of the cost and the State Aeronautical Commission will cover the other 10%.  Mayor Bryan Martin, whose office has worked to secure the grants, indicates that the runway should be in excellent condition for years to come.

The Warren Airport is overseen by the City's Aviation Commission.  Current members of the commission are as follows:
Rick Stracner
John B. Frazer
Dr. Joe H. Wharton
H. Murray Claycomb
Raymond Colen
The commission sets all rules and regulations for the airport and makes recommendations to the Warren City Council for expenditures.

A number of aircraft are based at the airport.  It is open to all public and private aviation.  Fuel is available.  

No comments:

Post a Comment