Wednesday, November 9, 2016

An Open Letter..

Chief Dobbs Voluntary Services Veteran's Memorial
Hospital with Shelby Gardner
On Sunday November 6th I was honored to give a $9,000 donation to the PTSD Department for the Veteran's Hospital. I was invited to attend an event in North Little Rock, where I met Veteran's young and old, hospital staff and I was honored to be allowed to tour the department the money will benefit. I learned of several therapies the money will be used for and asked if I would return to meet the Veteran's in the PTSD Therapy program. Holding this fundraiser has taught me so much about not only myself, but those that serve and suffer for me. I am excited to learn how this donation will benefit the program. I have the upmost respect for our Veteran's and their well being. I would like to thank each and every person that has supported my cause, it means the world to me to know that when you have a dream, there is a whole community that will rally around you to help you go above and beyond your dreams. My dream started with wanting to raise $1,000 for the PTSD Department and $200 to send Military Care Packages overseas. My reality is now a $9,000 donation to the department and $1,100 to send packages to not only one serviceman, but to two of them. These packages are packed full of goodies and encouragement. I will be able to send them for their full deployment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  Shelby Gardner

Chief Dobbs with Shelby and Sabra Wilson, Recreational Therapy PTDS Department



Shelby and her brother Dayton got to meet Charlie, a rescue dog who lives in the PTSD Department.

In additon to being presented a Volunteer Coin of Honor, Shelby was also presented a bag full of goodies as a thank you for her donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment